Sunday 17 July 2016

I scream. You scream. We all scream for ice-cream!

Holidays are here, woohoo. I’m off to Menorca tomorrow and I’m now getting organised for a week long trip in the sun, my skins looking forward to all that vitamin D. As much as I love holidays and the sun, I hate packing and trying to get everything organised for gong away. Seriously guys, everything has been in and out of my case several times and I’m still not convinced it’s all there! On a better note I do quite enjoy getting my carry on luggage organised, it’s not just that bag you stuff full of things you can’t fit in your suitcase, it’s full of the things that are going to keep you entertained in the airport and on the flight, yes that's pretty important!

I like to keep my hand luggage fairly simple and this trip is no exception. Initially I was taking my faithful Michael Kors travel tote but I have a new love which I jus have to take, my little Kurt Geiger beauty. Its a perfect size for travelling, it’s small enough that it won’t take up loads of room but big enough to fit the essentials.

So here’s what I actually take with me, my travel essentials. First up to bat is my headphones and phone. There’s no way I’m going anywhere without access to my iTunes library, I need music in my life. Headphones also serve the handy purpose of being noise blockers in case you fancy a siesta on the flight(highly doubtful, but a girl can dream).

Next up is a few makeup bits, I won’t kid you on and  say I come off the plane with a flawless face but I do like to at least have the essentials. Despite the fact I’ll be wearing sunglasses, my eyes feel naked without a coat of mascara and the perfect cat flick so I plan on taking Scandaleyes by Rimmel London and Too Faced’s Better Than Sex mascara. I do also like to take a lipstick or gloss, just something neutral for a little colour. Although I'm still undecided i’ll probably end up grabbing my classic M.A.C Velvet Teddy or Stoned Rose by Charlotte Tilbury (this lipstick is my love).  And then to make my masterpiece I’ll be wearing my sunglasses, well I will once I step outside that is and hide ten minutes worth of effort. I don’t want to be blinded do I?

I have a majorly short attention span so I will also need a book or two to take on the plane, I usually grab a few of my favourites and purchase whichever book WH Smith are promoting in the airport, which I have to say are generally quite good! Harry Potter is a must as a book for not only the plane but for reading while at the pool, then again HP is required for almost any occasion. I have also dug out my battered copy of A Time Travellers Wife, it is one of my favourite books and was first purchased when going on a holiday, meaning it’s a tradition to take it. Joining the books will be a few magazines, a copy of Elle and Closer perhaps.

Other than my passport and other travel documents there’s not really a whole lot I pack in my carry on unless you want to count the Starbucks and other bits I pick up in the airport like some snacks as plane food is just yuck! 

Looking at this I actually travel pretty light for a trip, well for a relatively short trip, for a longer trip then there definitely will be a few more flight essentials in there! Do you have any flight essentials? Is there anything you recommend I take on a flight? If you do please let me know.




Luisa

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com